Monday, April 11, 2011

No Head for Money


How do I manage to continually make poor decisions with money? I must have been inebriated when I signed up for a mail order make up club, claiming to give free product...Oh! only free if you return it in 15 days? How is that free??? Now I am stuck with two shipments of mineral makeup plus brushes and a bill of (gulp) $201.50. Please everyone stay away from these scams. Oh, I guess you already do that, because you know better. So, am I also the only one who somehow overpaid my Nordstroms bill by $184.29??? Fortunately for me, they are sending me a check in the mail. Thank God! I really don't need any more of their merchandise during tax season. One recent good impulsive buy lead me to my new e-reader Nook. My niece visiting from Holland wanted to be the first in her country to own the i-pad 2. So, we got up early to stand in line at the Apple store by 6:30 am. She had her i-pad by 9:30, and I borrowed $30 from her to add to my $50 in order to buy my this gadget off the lady standing ahead of us. Since she bought a new i-pad too, she doesn't need her e-reader anymore. I love my new toy, but I stupidly forgot to pay back my 19 year old niece before she left. I think Suze Orman would put me in a straight jacket, at this point. Please don't tell my husband any of this!
I need a cookie: Comfort Cookies

1 1/2 cup flour

1/2 cup oat bran

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

3/4 brown sugar

2 ripe bananas

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup oil

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/2 chocolate chips

1. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.


2. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas, add vanilla, oil, peanut butter, and chips. Mix together.


3. Add wet ingredients to the dry ones and blend together just until it forms a large ball and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Cover if left over night.


4. Roll into small balls and place 1 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Flatten the balls to a 1/4 inch thickness with a bottom of a glass dipped in flour to keep from sticking.


5. Bake for about 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees until the bottoms are brown. Cool on a paper towel or cookie rack for a few minutes.


I found this recipe on vegweb.com, but of course I substituted a few items and changed it up to better suit my dire need of a delicious and real cookie! This comes pretty darn close. Enjoy! (If you don't squish the balls down they will stay round as pictured).






No comments:

Post a Comment