Thursday, July 9, 2009

It Looks Better Than It Looks; It Is!

Getting up is hard to do, especially after a big bowl of high-fructose laden ice cream before bed. What a gut-bomb that ends up being! Deciding on an eating/sleeping schedule may be just as important as what you eat. Normally I don't eat just before bed, nor do I eat dairy ice-cream; sometimes one tries different things when at another person's house. I am house-sitting this week so I have access to a different variety of refrigerated items [with permission of course!] Normally, I do like to eat “ice cream” after dinner, and lately it has been of the coconut milk variety. So here's my typical Sundae:


Munky-day:

2-3 scoops chocolate frozen coconut milk (check freezer section)
½ cup rice milk (it gets better)
2 tblsp chopped walnuts
½ small banana, sliced
1/8 cup blueberries
plus whatever else you like!
Served in a mug so your other hand is free to type or crank up Copland.

Notify others around you that this ONLY SERVES ONE.

Not that you need me to tell you how to make a Sundae, however the above has no dairy, no soy, no gluten, and I can usually eat 2.

What did I eat before that?

Try a kim chee rice stir. Cook up some brown rice and lentils, a bit of olive oil, and add your favorite brand of kimchee cabbage. Surprisingly to me, edamame (frozen section & shelled) contains a ton of protein, and it tastes awesome in a stir fry. Some garlic, chopped onion, a pepper, and you are set.

Leftovers for lunch; ended up being a feast! Blackened tempeh w/ old bay seasoning, mixed veg stir-fry with dill and vinegar (it was just like eating seafood: amazing how much certain spices make food taste the way we think it is supposed to taste!) Also some of that kimchee rice with fresh gazpacho (picante style not soup) on top, and a sprinkle of kosher salt. Man I am drooling just from the memory of it! Want the blackened tempeh recipe? Send me a comment.





Breakfast was e-lite: whole wheat (ww) bagel, toasted with leftover guacamole, ½ a banana, diluted orange juice, and coffee. Then I had another bagel with chipotle hummus. And the other banana. Sim sim simma.


Apparently to some my guac wasn't green enough, so I nuked it:




(This actually took several attempts:)

First attempt:






And of course, this is reality:






Today I went in reverse order listing my meals, however I suppose one could just move the coffee around to eat any meal at any time. Right? Yeaaas.

Benny

No comments:

Post a Comment