Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Passionate Vegetarian

It's my vegan day and I am sitting in a comfortable chair, feet up, reading a cookbook. Does that count for something? The book is Passionate Vegetarian by Crescent Dragonwagon. I'm stuck here on the sauce pages planning my freezer. Imagine a day of cooking and freezing to make the summer easy. Enchilada Sauce, Asian Red Sauce, "Macro-Red" Sauce that uses no vegetables of the nightshade family (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant and peppers). There are pages of sauces in this book and I see them all packaged in my freezer in individual zip lock bags, clearly labeled, along with a complete index on a laminated chart for me to keep track of what goes in and what comes out.  Today it is a fantasy and a grocery list. Soon it will be a reality.

Stay tuned. I vow to make June "Vegan Sauce Month" on my Wednesday Vegan Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment