Monday, June 13, 2011

Soy Chick'n versus Soy Kielbasa


















I was in such frantic state of mind as I left town a few days ago that I came home to quite frantic state of my house. After righting all the wrongs my husband committed in the kitchen, I cleaned out the refridgerator on Sunday. Here I found these baby kohlrabi and decided to pair them with sauteed onions and apples in a skillet with olive oil. Then I steamed white potatoes in the microwave oven. Now I needed a quick fix for the main dish, since I had my sides in order.


Not sure of the many soy ready "meats" out there, I hedged my bets with offering two choices. First, Tofurky Kielbasa, it should go with the potatoes and the rest, but the last soy sausage I tried really lacked something. In case these tasted flat, I also pan fried Gardein Chick'n Filets. Happily, they both were edible. In fact we found the Chick'n quite good. If I hadn't told anyone it was soy, they may not have noticed the difference!


















No comments:

Post a Comment