Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cold Cucumber Soup

Cold Cucumber Soup garnished with chives
Today's recipe is compliments of my Little Rock, AR friend. Without prompting, he announced that I had to make the cucumber soup that had saved him for 45 days of over 100 degree weather. He promised that I could make it in 5 minutes. Of course he had practiced for 45 days.

Pencil in hand I wrote as fast as I could:
2 cucumbers, don't peel them, English preferred
an Avocado
lemon juice
1/2 cup frozen onions - what?
(I have never heard of frozen onions. He said they make the soup instantly cold. I haven't found them, but a couple of hours in the refrigerator makes this soup cold)
1/2 cup sour cream
(nix that - I tried coconut milk and a little agave syrup - not right - then I tried 1/2 cup orange juice, much better - you might try some soft tofu)
lots of pepper
oh yes, cilantro, a handful (no reason you can't use dill)
throw it all into a food processor and give it a whirl - chill and serve

Once again goodness has flowed into my life.

I can see this soup as the beginning of a special dinner. I can see it as an appetizer, served in little glasses with a little red tomato garnish. It could be part of a Halloween party (ghoulish) or a Christmas party (festive). It's another one of those make-it-your-own recipes.

Thanks Arkansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment