Thursday, February 11, 2010

Simplified Revisited (Spud-Rev)

Okay we're doing fried shredded potatoes; again? Okay maybe this is the second go around, but it's so good! Good for you, I don't know... This is a slight variation. I used one white potato and one red potato, along with a shallot. More heat, more oil, equals better results. Calorie-wise this is easily a main dish; I had it for breakfast, and good thing as I was transmogrified to dinner time due to the circumstances of the environmental in my mental. Make the leftovers for dinner? Of course I did. Somehow, this method can stretch two potatoes into two meals. It's not whack, it's def.

1 ea large white potato
1 ea medium red potato
1 ea large shallot
3 tablespoons oil (I used peanut for that china wok atmosphere)
salt, pepper, celery salt, garlic powder





Grate the potatoes intermittently in order to mix the two kinds; hopefully your grater is old enough that it was made in U.S.A. Next, slice the shallots thin, but not too thin. Get the oil hot in a medium fry pan, add the shallots, then add the grated potatoes in handfuls to make something like 4” diameter mounds. After a few minutes, squash them down with a spatchula, then flip; season with the aforementioned seasoning, and serve. And serve. And serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment