Saturday, June 19, 2010

A side dish today! Stir-fry Pineapple with Ginger and Red Chilies.




Being pressed for time to post an entree, I chose to do a side dish. It is easy to do and tastes great. The next time that I make it, I will increase the amount of red chilies and the amount of ginger. I love the taste of ginger with pineapple. This recipe will be a staple for me.

The weather here in the Northeast shows some promise for typical summer weather. We have been inundated with cold stormy weather, but today it will probably get up into the high 80's.
This is the time of year that my fierce agricultural bent hits me hard. I want to plant every flower and vegetable known to man. Space being limited, I finally come down to earth (no pun here).


Stir-fry Pineapple with Ginger and Red Chilies

1 Pineapple peeled, cored and cubed
1-2 Tbsp. oil
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1 Small bunch green onions, cut into 3 inch strips.
2 Red chilies seeded and sliced into thin strips
3 inch piece of ginger peeled and sliced into thin strips
2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
The juice and zest from one lime.
Cilantro to taste.
Stir fry the garlic and onions in the oil.
Add pineapple and stir fry for 2 minutes.
Add ginger, soy sauce, lime juice, zest and red chilies.
Toss all ingredients together.
Turn heat on low and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
When ready to serve, garnish with a generous amount of cilantro.

Serve warm or cold.




No comments:

Post a Comment