Thursday, June 28, 2012

Duncan Hines: So Moist, So Delicious, and So Vegan?

I've become somewhat of a self-taught chemist in the fine art of vegan baking; trying strange new recipes only to experience relatively distressing results. As a young woman in the modern world, I'm quite accustomed to the idea of instant gratification - and although I aspire to learn to bake from scratch, I often find myself much too busy or altogether lazy to attempt such a lofty goal.

Enter: Duncan Hines

Vegan Confetti Cupcakes, and Dark Chocolate Walnut Brownies made using Duncan Hines cake mixes.

Surprisingly, Duncan Hines carries a wide variety of baking mixes that can easily be made vegan with a few simple substitutions. Much to my joy, they also make a few vegan frostings.

Peta has a wonderful "Vegan Baking Cheat Sheet," which I use as a reference point when concocting delicious vegan treats - needless to say, applesauce has become a new staple in my household.

No comments:

Post a Comment