Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Smoothie

Autumn is here, which means I can begin my endless consumption of pumpkin without being seen by others as absolutely insane! Starbucks has brought the much-anticipated Pumpkin Spice Latte back to its cardigan-wearing customers, one of which happens to be myself (Grande Decaf Pumpkin Spice with soymilk and no whip, please) - which gave me the brilliant idea of concocting my very own smoothie version of their delicious treat, loaded with all the nutrients of this amazing superfood. Stay tuned for more recipes using pumpkin!


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup of your choice vegan milk (I used almond)
  • 1 small banana
  • 4-5 ice cubes
  • Your choice cinnamon or pumpkin spice to taste (I used 1/4 tsp cinnamon)
  • Your choice sweetener to taste ( I used 1 tbsp agave nectar)
  • Optional Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup of soy yogurt, plain or vanilla (I didn't use it, as I limit my soy consumption.)
  • Your favorite non-dairy whipped cream

Directions
  • Blend ingredients together until smooth. 
I served this protein-packed pumpkin smoothie for breakfast with multigrain waffles and apple slices. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment