Sunday, June 6, 2010

Penne with Broccoli Rabe, Tomatoes and Cannellini Beans







I am a day late presenting my weekly recipe. I have been tending my perennial flower garden, painting walls and woodwork and trying to keep my puppy, Mozart, from getting covered with paint and chewing up tape, etc. I like to share, not only my recipe, but an occasional picture of Mozart or my flowers. This week's recipe is for a warm salad. It is very simple in preparation and very tasty. Great the next day, also!


Penne with Broccoli Rabe, Tomatoes and Cannellini Beans


1 can Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained.
1 lg. bunch broccoli rabe, chopped as you like.
5 plum tomatoes cut in eighths , I seed them.
1/2 pound penne pasta
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
4 cloves minced garlic
S & P to taste
Soy parmesan-like cheese

Cook broccoli rabe til tender.
Cook pasta.
Saute garlic and red pepper in olive oil.
Add tomatoes and beans and saute for a minute or so more.
Add cooked pasta and broccoli rabe.
Sprinkle with generous amount of soy parmesan.
Serve warm and enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment